300 Hour Teacher Training
Evolve and deepen your understanding of teaching the science of yoga. This 300 hour yoga teacher training has been carefully constructed to expand your knowledge, skill set and confidence as both a teacher and a student. The work that we do as yoga teachers is key in both the mental and physical wellness of our communities. Elevate your credentials to teach beyond the introductory information commonly delivered in a 200-hour teacher training. This training has been set up by Hot Asana Yoga University to serve as stand alone continuing education modules or to allow you to build your 300-hour certification at your own pace. You have up to five years to complete your 300-hour certification by compiling modules that interest you.
We offer 5, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25 & 50 hour modules of Advanced Studies courses in both domestic and international locations as well as online via Zoom and Pre-Recorded trainings.
- Spine & Chakras: Explore in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward backbending and twisting postures, and study the subtleties and influences of the energetic body through the Chakra system.
- Advanced Sequencing for Hips – Standing and Seated Postures: Study in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward standing and seated postures, centered around deep hip opening, plus learn how to assist and teach a Deep Hips class, influenced by Bryan Kest's Long, Slow, Deep (LSD) sequence.
- Inversions: Explore in-depth anatomy of, advanced sequencing toward, and specific teaching tools for inversion postures, including handstand and forearm stand.
- Full Body Anatomy for Yogis: Evolve your understanding of the anatomy of the entire body, as it serves teachers and students of the yoga asana practice.
- Beyond the Poses: 8-Limb Path Study and Business of Yoga: Learn more about the 8-Limb Path, the language of Sanskrit, and keeping balance in the business of yoga.
- Beyond the Drop-In Class :Sequencing and Assisting: Explore creative sequencing patterns and learn about formatting level-based classes, specialty classes, and workshops, plus learn how to intelligently and effectively assist your students with physical touch and prop use.
- Hot Holds TT: Become Hot Asana Yoga University certified to teach a stationary-style class, centered around peak pose sequencing.
- Yoga Sculpt TT: Become Hot Asana Yoga University certified to teach a powerful, dynamic Vinyasa practice with weights.
- Hands On Assisting: Learn how to assist a wide-range of postures, from subtle touch to significant leveraging adjustments.
- Advanced Lower Body Anatomy & Yin Yoga Certification: Anatomical knowledge and an understanding of skeletal variation are tools to elevate your skill and confidence as a yoga instructor. In addition to this valuable information that may radically transform your asana teaching, you will learn the art of Yin Yoga and become a certified Yin Yoga Instructor.
- Advanced Sequencing- Structure & Patterning: Take ownership of your own creative sequencing through comprehensive study of multiple simple to complex patterns
- Advanced Sequencing for Hips – Arm Balances: Learn in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward arm balance postures, centered around deep hip opening.
- Advanced Sequencing- Twists & Backbends: Learn how to effectively sequence toward and teach deep twisting and backbending postures. Delve into supporting anatomy of the spine, hips and shoulders, explore variations in bodies and in the postures, and learn how to offer choices and challenges for a multi-level class.
- Prenatal & Postpartum Yoga: Functional anatomy & physical transformation of pregnancy & postpartum, appropriote sequencing & modifications for all phases, exploration of use of empowering mantras & meditation practices, and appropriate hands on assisting teachniques for the pregnant yogi.
- Functional Anatomy for Advanced Cueing: Functional anatomy as a framework for providing effective and efficient cues. common cueing pitfalls and how to incorporate new knowledge, such as functional anatomy, into cues in an accessible, appropriate and empowering way for students.
- Reiki Level One Certification: Become Reiki Level One Certified Reiki and receive 2 Reiki Attunements. Multiple Chakra and Reiki based meditations, Learn self Reiki treatments, techniques for clients as well as the business of Reiki.
- Reiki Level Two Certification: Reiki Level 2 is an advanced level of Reiki energy. Practitioner must have attained Reiki Level 1 before taking level 2.Receive Reiki Level 2 Certification & Level 2 attunements. Learn Chakra and Reiki Meditations, Reiki Symbols, New techniques for self and client & Reiki Speciality Class information and practice.
- Reiki Master Training:Reiki Levels 1 & 2 certifications required as prerequisite.This training will include: Reiki To Reverse Aging, Symbols, Distance Sessions with Level 3 Symbols, Techniques For Transmitting Energy From A Distance, Distance Healing With Group Reiki, Reiki Level 3 Energetic Exercises, Crystals In Reiki Level 3, The Inner Smile, Reiki Business Tip, Further Learning, How to Become a Reiki Master Teacher.
- Partner Yoga Teacher Training Learn to teach partner stretches, warm ups, calibrations, poses, transitions, spotting techniques, flows and more! Dynamic acrobatic transitions, helping us cultivate self-confidence, the ability to communicate with others fast and efficiently, as well as the ability to take calculated risks and smart decisions under pressure.
- Finding Your Voice: Enhance your ability to successively and meaningfully theme your classes, and explore intention setting and vision boarding for your teaching and your life.
- SUP Yoga Teacher Training: Learn how to effectively transition your students asana practice to the water by becoming certified to teach Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga.
- Thai & Fly Yoga Teacher Training: Learn to teach partner yoga sequences that incorporate stretching and letting go while suspended in the air using a variety of Thai Yoga Bodywork techniques in supine, side lying, prone and seated positions to provide healing and relaxation, cultivating trust, and the ability to let go of perceived control.
- Kid's Yoga Training:Foundations of Youth Yoga & Mindfulness training offers a comprehensive program in preparation for teaching inclusive and engaging yoga and mindfulness to youth of all ages and abilities. This training incorporates both yoga and mindfulness with an emphasis on mindful learning, inclusion and social-emotional development. This course provides students with an introduction and foundation for teaching yoga and mindfulness to kids.
- Restorative Yoga TT: Become certified to teach Restorative Yoga. This practice enables deep physical, mental and emotional relaxation as you teach students to hold poses for longer periods of time with the help of props, calm music and verbal guidance. The main focus of this style of yoga is the resetting and stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system. .
- PreNatal Modifications for the drop in class: Pregnancy is a time of tremendous transition in a woman’s body and life. While a specific prenatal class can be an excellent option during pregnancy, many yogis desire to attend their favorite regular drop-in classes. Learn to navigate safety recommendations and pose modifications with confidence.
- Evidence Based Yoga:Yoga practitioners often come to yoga to stretch or find stress relief but remain committed due to the abundant and palpable benefits. It’s common to hear the phrase “yoga is so good for you” and as yoga educators it is valuable to be versed in the research supporting our profession.
- Neuroscience of Yoga :The practice of yoga is best known as a body movement practice of strength & flexibility, however, current research supports the abundant neurologic benefits of the practice. By practicing yoga and meditation, we are directly able to influence the function of the nervous system. This can include influencing sleep patterns, balance, coordination/skill acquisition, digestion, and other mental health benefits.
- LSD (long, slow, deep) Hips Class TT: Become certified to teach LSD (long, slow, deep hips class) in this 10 hour virtual module. (LSD) Long, Slow, & Deep is a set sequence designed by Bryan Kest. It is an utterly potent practice that does not focus on strength, endurance or even building much heat. After this 10 hour training, you will be able to deliver to your students LSD...an experience with realizable benefits from holding poses and giving large muscle groups much needed release.
- Yoga Nidra TT: We begin with the history of the practice. With this firm foundation, we will move into understanding how the nervous system responds to yoga nidra, creating & delivering the practice with trauma informed awareness & movements to release the body before stillness.
- Yoga & Meditation Techniques for Trauma & Chronic Stress: Support your students with any type of trauma and chronic stress. Create a secure space for your students to experience themselves in a gentle and supportive manner. Deepen your sensitivity to your students' needs. Understand the way the body & mind hold their experiences. Do your own work to be able to care for others. Cultivate a self-care practice to better support your students. Safely adapt yoga postures for any injury. Teach grounding meditation for anyone with trauma.
- Advanced Chakra Theory: This is a study, discussion and lecture series on the study of the subtleties and influences of the energetic body through the Chakra system. This course explores the anatomy, development and theory of the seven main chakras in the body. It gives a clear look at the theories of the chakras and how they are experienced.
- The Eight Fold Path of Wise Living: An In Depth study of the eight fold path of wise living. Explore how to apply them in your own life and ways to deliver these concepts to your students.
- Meditation Teacher Training: Become a certified Meditation Teacher. Learn the principles and techniques of mindfulness meditation, how to use them in your own life and how to deliver them to your students.
- Navigating the Business of Yoga: Whether teaching yoga is your primary income or simply a meaningful addition, get tips on how to market yourself through professional photos, website, and social media; learn how to avoid burnout and make healthy choices for both your well-being and your career; and delve into ways to build classes and become known in your community, all while being true to yourself and the 8 Limb Path.
- Yoga For Athletes TT: Functional anatomy review will be completed with special emphasis on hip/pelvis complex and the shoulder girdle. This will include the shoulder girdle’s role in both weight bearing activities and overhead movements. Also included in this training is the sequence and philosophy of the popular deep hip opening class “Long, Slow, Deep” (LSD), instruction in myofascial release techniques with yoga blocks and straps, and the usage of other tools to target common patterns of athletic tightness.
- Myofascial Release (MFR 1) head, neck, shoulders, upper trunk: Myofascial Release (MFR) is an effective adjunct to any physical movement practice for recovery and mobility restoration. MFR pairs incredibly well with the mind-body focus of yoga. Initially developed by physical therapists, myofascial release techniques can be adapted to be performed on oneself with the use of various tools such as lacrosse balls & yoga blocks. This training will provide an anatomical review of the head/neck, shoulders and upper trunk to identify relevant trigger points for MFR. Instruction and practice in MFR techniques, as well as vinyasa and restorative style practices with MFR integration daily. Also included will be current research review of evidence supporting the practice of MFR.
- Myofascial Release (MFR 2) lower trunk, hips, pelvis, lower extremity: Myofascial Release (MFR) is an effective adjunct to any physical movement practice for recovery and mobility restoration. MFR pairs incredibly well with the mind-body focus of yoga. Initially developed by physical therapists, myofascial release techniques can be adapted to be performed on oneself with the use of various tools such as lacrosse balls & yoga blocks. This training will provide an anatomical review of the lower trunk, hip/pelvis, and lower extremity to identify relevant trigger points for MFR. Instruction and practice in MFR techniques, as well as vinyasa and restorative style practices with MFR integration daily. Also included will be current research review of evidence supporting the practice of MFR.
Click on the posters for more information
September 30 - October 2, 2022
Hours (all in Eastern): Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, Sunday 8am-5pm
With Annie Okerlin
At Hot Asana Yoga Studio Colorado Springs
With Virginia Gallagher
Online via Zoom - recordings
RECORDINGS of 15 Hours | VIRTUAL Restorative Yoga With Virginia Gallagher from February 11-13, 2022
Payments are non-transferable and non-refundable.
These are the recordings of the 25 Hours | VIRTUAL Functional Anatomy for Advanced Cueing that took place With Casey Backus January 14-16, 2022
RECORDINGS of 25 Hours | 25 Hours | Yin Yoga Teacher Training & Advanced Lower Body Anatomy With Virginia Gallagher
Payments are non-transferable and non-refundable.
With Virginia Gallagher
Online via Zoom Recordings
Online via Zoom Recordings With Virginia Gallagher
Location: Zoom Virtual Platform
Teacher: Virginia Gallagher
- Cost: $220 per person
Studio Founder/Owner, E-RYT 500, RCYT, YACEP, Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Hot Asana Yoga University Founder/Owner, Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher
We are all on our own personal journey. I would like to share a little bit about my yoga journey with you…
I attended my first Hot Yoga Class in this very studio on August 12, 2007 and fell in love with the mental and physical connection I felt. I began practicing 3 – 6 times a week, shed 40 pounds in 4 months, and was able to discontinue the use of all of my prescription medications. I began to feel healthier and stronger than ever. Convinced of the benefits of yoga, I continued my daily practice and began to deepen my dedication to and knowledge of yoga.
I began my teacher training in 2008 and since then have completed multiple 200 and 500 hour certifications, Yin Yoga training and Mindfulness Meditation Vipasana. My trainings have been diverse but my teaching style has been primarily influenced by Grace and MyLinda Morales, Jimmy Barkan, Rolf Gates, Chris & John Yax , Deepak Chopra, Bryan Kest and Paul Grilley. I fundamentally believe that anyone can change their body and their life. I believe we can in fact, grow younger and stronger. I would love to show you how Hot Asana can be a part of that change. It doesn’t matter when or in what condition you start…JUST START. Your best YOU may very well be yet to come.
E-RYT 200, RYT 500, Prenatal Certified, Certified Hot Asana Assist, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty, MPT, C/NDT and BS, Professor of Functional Anatomy
A former collegiate softball player, I found yoga 12 years ago in an attempt to calm my game day nerves. For the first time, my fear of failure and performance anxiety were replaced with a calm, steady awareness, and a deep rooted belief in myself. I learned to breathe and I knew the difference was yoga...
I wish I could say I've practiced every day since, however, in a foolish attempt to chase perfection in my 20's I allowed my work as a PT and other commitments to come before myself,...and yoga. My mat quickly gathered dust in the garage next to my softball glove. Fortunately, I re-committed to yoga in 2009 through LES MILLS Body Flow Certification. I'm eternally grateful for this experience because it brought me back to my mat and began my journey into teaching. It reminded me what I had learned a decade before: "the yoga me is the best me,...the real me." I loved to witness the same transformative experience in others,...to me it is truly remarkable what can happen to the mind body and soul in just 60 minutes.
On a whim, I purchased a Groupon to Hot Asana in 2011. I felt the transformation and once again, a re-commitment to yoga. It's as if YOGA FOUND ME when I truly needed it and for the first time in my life, I began to feel STRONG on the INSIDE. In addition to my regular practice, I have attended workshops/master classes with Seane Corn, Rolf Gates, The Yax Brothers, Tiffany Cruikshank, Grace Morales, Kelly Green and Paige Held. In January 2013 I began my 200hr RYT training with the amazing Grace Morales. The training has been a true gift to me and has inspired me to reclaim the life I always wanted for myself. Knowing now that life begins again many times over, I'm so grateful to Virginia and Grace for the privilege to share yoga with others. Namaste!
ERYT 500, Yin Certified, Hot Asana University Faculty
“The past has no power over the present moment. Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” —Eckhart Tolle
The mat becomes a sacred space to explore our bodies, to quiet our minds, to experience our souls. Through the years, loss, grief, and many challenges have entered my life, but the healing power of moving on my mat and knowing my inner self has become my abiding partner in this lifetime.
I was among the first Southern Pines yogis to climb the stairs into the first Hot Yoga Studio in 2007. After training and competing in running events and triathlons for many years, my body was aging, breaking down and begging for change. I was immediately mesmerized by a practice that allowed me to move every limb, muscle and joint and sweat to music in a NON-COMPETITIVE, SAFE WAY. I fell in love with hot yoga and never looked back.
I became a yoga teacher in 2013 completing my 200 hr. Certification, followed by a 500 hr. Certification from Yax Yoga Concepts. I continue to learn and take modules from Hot Asana University including a Yin Certification, Meditation Teacher Training, Lower Body Anatomy, Advanced Sequencing, LSD and more. Additionally, I joined the Hot Asana University Faculty in 2020 as a Hot Holds Teacher Trainer.
Teaching at Hot Asana for the past 9 years has afforded the opportunity to create wonderful connections with students and impart valuable information, and skills to others! It is my honor and privilege to engage with others as a teacher in the practice of yoga.
Advanced Reiki Master Teacher, Experienced Yoga Teacher (500hr ERYT), Continuing Education Provider for Yoga Alliance (YACEP), Certified AcroYoga Teacher, Meditation Teacher, Thai Massage and Bodywork Certified, PED Yoga Instructor, International Wellness Retreats & Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator, and Owner of Healing Arts with Mercedes LLC
My passion is to help others heal through yoga, reiki, AcroYoga, Thai Yoga, meditation and educational wellness workshops and retreats. My own journey with yoga inspired me to deepen my practice and to then share my passion for this practice with others on their journey. As a teacher, I encourage students to turn inward during their practice to experience self inquiry, getting comfortable outside of their comfort zone, and to be an observer of their bodies and minds. My mission is to create a safe space for creative exploration. I aim to cater to the physical needs of the students while making sure to deliver a practice that intends to unify the mind, body, and soul in a safe and supportive environment. My intention is to inspire learning and growth in the practice and for students to leave feeling better than when they arrived.
Hampstead Studio Owner, Paula Gilligan, Studio Owner, RYT 500 , Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Hot Asana Online Instructor, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty
This yoga journey has been quite an amazing ride for me. I started taking classes in 2006 because it was a good “workout.” I did not know what was in store for me. Yoga has woven its way into all aspects of my life, and I don’t know what I would do without it. Although the physical piece is what lured me into the hot room, it is the spiritual, mind, body connection that keeps me there. Since 2006 life has been a crazy roller coaster for me, as it is for everyone. The great thing about yoga is it gives you the tools to make it through those ups and downs a little more gracefully. Every time you practice you learn something about yourself that you take with you and use out in the world, in your life. Yoga guru BKS Iyengar said, “Yoga uses the body as a tool to touch the soul.” This, to me, is the bottom line of yoga. This is what drives me, what motivates me to teach.
Not only has yoga helped me to learn more about myself, it has helped me to connect to so many amazing souls through the years. From my 200 hour (OM Yoga, Cyndi Lee) in 2009, to my 500 hour with John and Chris Yax (Yax Yoga Concepts) in 2012, to all the various trainings in between, I have met wonderful, inspiring people. Now, with the assistance of my dear friend, Virginia Gallgher, it continues here in Hampstead, NH. I am so grateful that my path has lead me here, and I look forward to what is to come!
Studio Owner, ERYT-200, Hot Asana Certified Hands On Assist, Certified Restorative & Meditation Instructor, Reiki Master Practitioner, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty
I began practicing yoga at home in 2012. I quickly became hooked on the movement, breath, and the way I felt after my practice. Since taking my first in-studio class in 2014, my practice grew exponentially and I fell in love with the shared breath and energy of practicing yoga in a hot room. It was then that I knew I wanted to embark on the journey of becoming a yoga teacher. I trained for my 200 hour certification under Virginia Gallagher and Angela Hsu in Danville, Virginia and am currently working towards my 500 hour certification through Hot Asana Yoga University. It’s a privilege to lead others through yoga and I love what I do! It’s my hope that through this practice, I can help others in the way it’s helped me with my journey of freedom, healing, and self-discovery.
When I’m not teaching yoga, I’m taking reiki and tarot clients, reading, roller skating or biking around town, hiking, or studying to become a certified astrologist. I’m also the mom of two fur babies and more plants than I can count.
C-IAYT Certified iRest® teacher, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Annie is a Certified iRest® teacher and uses this modality in a military setting with active duty & Veteran service members on a daily basis. As a Human Performance expert for 02x she presents yoga, resiliency & iRest meditation to tactical athletes & first responders nationwide. Annie leads teacher trainings, workshops & retreats worldwide for everyone!