300 Hour Teacher Training
Evolve and deepen your understanding of teaching the science of yoga. This 300 hour yoga teacher training has been carefully constructed to expand your knowledge, skill set and confidence as both a teacher and a student. The work that we do as yoga teachers is key in both the mental and physical wellness of our communities. Elevate your credentials to teach beyond the introductory information commonly delivered in a 200-hour teacher training. This training has been set up by Hot Asana Yoga University to serve as stand alone continuing education modules or to allow you to build your 300-hour certification at your own pace. You have up to five years to complete your 300-hour certification by compiling modules that interest you.
We offer 50 hour modules (five-day format) and 25 hour modules (weekend format) in both domestic and international locations.
50 Hour Modules
- Spine & Chakras: Explore in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward backbending and twisting postures, and study the subtleties and influences of the energetic body through the Chakra system.
- Hips – Standing and Seated Postures: Study in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward standing and seated postures, centered around deep hip opening, plus learn how to assist and teach a Deep Hips class, influenced by Bryan Kest's Long, Slow, Deep (LSD) sequence.
- Hips – Arm Balances: Learn in-depth anatomy of and advanced sequencing toward arm balance postures, centered around deep hip opening.
- Inversions: Explore in-depth anatomy of, advanced sequencing toward, and specific teaching tools for inversion postures, including handstand and forearm stand.
- Full Body Anatomy for Yogis: Evolve your understanding of the anatomy of the entire body, as it serves teachers and students of the yoga asana practice.
- Functional Anatomy for Advanced Cueing: Functional anatomy as a framework for providing effective and efficient cues. common cueing pitfalls and how to incorporate new knowledge, such as functional anatomy, into cues in an accessible, appropriate and empowering way for students.
- Restorative Yoga & Meditation: Deepen your meditation practice with specific methodology, and learn how to teach and assist a Restorative Yoga practice.
- Finding Your Voice: Enhance your ability to successively and meaningfully theme your classes, and explore intention setting and vision boarding for your teaching and your life.
- Beyond the Poses: 8-Limb Path Study and Business of Yoga: Learn more about the 8-Limb Path, the language of Sanskrit, and keeping balance in the business of yoga.
- Beyond the Drop-In Class :Sequencing and Assisting: Explore creative sequencing patterns and learn about formatting level-based classes, specialty classes, and workshops, plus learn how to intelligently and effectively assist your students with physical touch and prop use.
- Advanced Lower Body Anatomy & Yin Yoga Certification: Anatomical knowledge and an understanding of skeletal variation are tools to elevate your skill and confidence as a yoga instructor. In addition to this valuable information that may radically transform your asana teaching, you will learn the art of Yin Yoga and become a certified Yin Yoga Instructor.
25 Hour Modules
- Hot Yoga TT: Become Hot Asana Yoga University certified to teach a stationary-style class, centered around peak pose sequencing.
- Yoga Sculpt TT: Become Hot Asana Yoga University certified to teach a powerful, dynamic Vinyasa practice with weights.
- Hands On Assisting: Learn how to assist a wide-range of postures, from subtle touch to significant leveraging adjustments.
- Advanced Sequencing: Take ownership of your own creative sequencing through comprehensive study of multiple simple to complex patterns
- Prenatal & Postpartum Yoga: Functional anatomy & physical transformation of pregnancy & postpartum, appropriote sequencing & modifications for all phases, exploration of use of empowering mantras & meditation practices, and appropriate hands on assisting teachniques for the pregnant yogi
- Reiki Level One Certification: Become Reiki Level One Certified Reiki and receive 2 Reiki Attunements. Multiple Chakra and Reiki based meditations, Learn self Reiki treatments, techniques for clients as well as the business of Reiki.
Click on the posters for more information
Studio Founder/Owner, E-RYT 500, RCYT, YACAP, Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Hot Asana Yoga University Founder/Owner
We are all on our own personal journey. I would like to share a little bit about my yoga journey with you…
I attended my first Hot Yoga Class in this very studio on August 12, 2007 and fell in love with the mental and physical connection I felt. I began practicing 3 – 6 times a week, shed 40 pounds in 4 months, and was able to discontinue the use of all of my prescription medications. I began to feel healthier and stronger than ever. Convinced of the benefits of yoga, I continued my daily practice and began to deepen my dedication to and knowledge of yoga.
I began my teacher training in 2008 and since then have completed multiple 200 and 500 hour certifications, Yin Yoga training and Mindfulness Meditation Vipasana. My trainings have been diverse but my teaching style has been primarily influenced by Grace and MyLinda Morales, Jimmy Barkan, Rolf Gates, Chris & John Yax , Deepak Chopra, Bryan Kest and Paul Grilley. I fundamentally believe that anyone can change their body and their life. I believe we can in fact, grow younger and stronger. I would love to show you how Hot Asana can be a part of that change. It doesn’t matter when or in what condition you start…JUST START. Your best YOU may very well be yet to come.
COS Teacher Director, E-RYT 500, Certified Hot Asana Assist, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty, YACEP
After years of training in classical ballet and modern dance, Lisa first tried yoga in the hopes of finding a workout which balanced both strength and flexibility. She became hooked when she realized that she had also discovered a community which found beauty in so-called imperfections and encouraged compassion for others and oneself—plus yoga still kicked her butt on a regular basis.
Lisa completed her 200-hour certification with YogaWorks in New York in 2010 and her 500-hour certification with Grace Morales in North Carolina in 2014. She is registered with Yoga Alliance, with more than 1,000 teaching hours. Lisa’s classes emphasize alignment, playfulness, and inclusiveness. With a deep understanding of the body, Lisa gives students the opportunity to make the most out of their practice through accessible sequencing and concise cues.
When not on the mat, Lisa enjoys cooking vegetarian food, sharing a bottle of wine with friends, snuggling with her two cats and three dogs.
E-RYT 200, RYT 500, Prenatal Certified, Certified Hot Asana Assist, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty, MPT, C/NDT and BS, Professor of Functional Anatomy
A former collegiate softball player, I found yoga 12 years ago in an attempt to calm my game day nerves. For the first time, my fear of failure and performance anxiety were replaced with a calm, steady awareness, and a deep rooted belief in myself. I learned to breathe and I knew the difference was yoga...
I wish I could say I've practiced every day since, however, in a foolish attempt to chase perfection in my 20's I allowed my work as a PT and other commitments to come before myself,...and yoga. My mat quickly gathered dust in the garage next to my softball glove. Fortunately, I re-committed to yoga in 2009 through LES MILLS Body Flow Certification. I'm eternally grateful for this experience because it brought me back to my mat and began my journey into teaching. It reminded me what I had learned a decade before: "the yoga me is the best me,...the real me." I loved to witness the same transformative experience in others,...to me it is truly remarkable what can happen to the mind body and soul in just 60 minutes.
On a whim, I purchased a Groupon to Hot Asana in 2011. I felt the transformation and once again, a re-commitment to yoga. It's as if YOGA FOUND ME when I truly needed it and for the first time in my life, I began to feel STRONG on the INSIDE. In addition to my regular practice, I have attended workshops/master classes with Seane Corn, Rolf Gates, The Yax Brothers, Tiffany Cruikshank, Grace Morales, Kelly Green and Paige Held. In January 2013 I began my 200hr RYT training with the amazing Grace Morales. The training has been a true gift to me and has inspired me to reclaim the life I always wanted for myself. Knowing now that life begins again many times over, I'm so grateful to Virginia and Grace for the privilege to share yoga with others. Namaste!
RYT 200, Yin Yoga Certified, Reiki Master
I asked my friend Paula, "what is yoga"... She basically said, "it just makes you feel good". And I must say... I have never felt better. I have strengthened my body, mind and heart by just coming to my mat. My passion for yoga lead me to Hot Asana Yoga University where I completed my 200hr yoga teacher training so that I can help other people feel good!