25 Hour Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga (SUP) Teacher Training on Ocracoke Island
- Dates: April 28th -May 2nd, 2023.
- Location: Ocracoke Island, NC
- Teachers: Savana Harwood
Since ancient times, humans have naturally gravitated to the water for its healing and transformational properties. Many ancient cultures believed that the water element was crucial to balancing the body and finding physical harmony. Today, many of us still flock to the water, especially in the summer, to find clarity and to calm the mind. Even when we are not near a beach or a lake, we take long showers or warm baths to relax and find ease in the mind and body. It makes sense that teaching yoga on the water is becoming more popular. Join us for a immersive training experience on Ocracoke Island April 28th -May 2nd…to learn how to effectively transition your clients asana practice to the water. This SUP Yoga Training Retreat course includes:
- Intro to SUP: History, origin, entry and exiting the board, stance, body position, stroke technique including side stroke, back paddle, breaking, turning methods and overall navigating.
- Safety, Equipment & Rescue: Preventative methods to keep you safe on the water including personal rescue, flip rescue, push rescue, towing techniques for low to high risk scenarios, understanding equipment, anchoring, handling & transporting.
- Paddling 101: Direction on teaching a beginner paddle board lesson with easy to apply instruction.
- The Art of Sequencing: Learn how to effectively transition your students asana practice to the water including teachings on stance, gaze, modifying poses, peak poses, inversions, incorporating acro yoga, how to keep the mood light when a student takes a splash, creating a dynamic, safe, informed and playful SUP Yoga sesh experience.
- Class Preparation: Knowing your environment, weather, what to bring to class as a student as well as a teacher, rules on the water.
- Structuring & Teaching SUP Yoga: Outlined structure creating a natural flow from intro, to practice to closing, including timing & theming.
- Daily SUP Yoga Practice
- HAYU SUP Yoga Manual including SUP Yoga Sequence
- Shared Accommodations during the training
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
Evolve and deepen your understanding of the teaching the science of yoga. This 25-hour yoga teacher training module has been carefully constructed to expand your knowledge, skill set and confidence as both a teacher and a student. The work we do as yoga teachers is key in both the mental and physical wellness of our communities. Elevate your credentials to teach beyond the introductory information commonly delivered in a 200-hour teacher training. This is one of many modules set up by Hot Asana Yoga University to stand alone as continuing education or to allow you to build your 300-hour certification at your own pace. You have up to five years to complete all 270 contact hours for a 300-hour certification.
$500 deposit paid upon registration to secure your spot.
Deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Tuition to be paid in full one week from the start of training.
ERYT-200, Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Paddleboard Yoga Instructor, Aerial Yoga Instructor, Reiki Certified, Hot Asana Yoga University Faculty
No matter what each of us are going through , we have all suffered through similar obstacles in life. Yoga is commUNITY and for every single person no matter your age,flexibility, size, or life path!
I can definitely say that Yoga has drastically changed the way I walk through everyday life. I found patience, gratitude and self love ( to name a few) within my practice. I Love that Yoga is called a practice because it doesn’t ask that you show up perfect ( already strong, flexible or all knowing), it asks you to come to your mat exactly as you are.
The benefits of yoga showed up almost immediately, and it was apparent that this was more than just a normal workout, I wanted nothing more than to deepen my practice and teach others about the gift of yoga. I gratefully attained my 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training for the certification in Vinyasa flow through Hotasana University in Southern Pines with Virginia Gallagher and Lisa Tiffany March of 2016.
I then moved to Ocracoke Island to teach yoga on the beautiful beach of Cape Hatteras National Seashore. While I loved teaching classes outdoors the weather had a mind of its own and caused me to cancel many of my classes. I knew that an indoor space meant more classes for my community, so I opened Ocracoke Island Yoga Studio in 2018!
Yoga is meeting yourself on the mat each day, giving yourself love, compassion and kindness so that you can radiate it to the rest of the world ! Come flow with me and I promise you will soon find many reasons to love yoga and most importantly yourself!